The ISRC system is the key to the administration of rights for sound and music video recordings globally in the digital environment.
- ISRC is intentionally standardised under ISO
- ISRC is well established, widely accepted internationally and simple to use
- ISRC is compatible with many different databases, label copy systems, hardware electronics and digital communications standards
- Widely used formats such as CD and MP3 allow for ISRC to be carried alongside recordings
- ISRC allows for ‘interoperability’ of data between different organisations and systems
- ISRC is cost effective as it can be used without the need for investment in special technologies or equipment